[3dem] Overcoming orientation preference issue

Gabor Herman gabortherman at yahoo.com
Wed May 17 06:29:45 PDT 2017

You could try to use an appropriate reconstruction algorithm; seeSorzano, C.O.S., Marabini, R., Boisset, N., Rietzel, E., Schroeder, R., Herman, G.T., Carazo, J.M.:
The effect of overabundant projection directions on 3D reconstruction algorithms,
Journal of Structural Biology 133:108-118, 2001 Gabor T. Herman, Ph.D.
Distinguished Professor of Computer Science
The Graduate Center of the City University of New York
Web-Page: http://gabor.ws.gc.cuny.edu/
.
.
ANNOUNCEMENTS
.
Inverse Problems has just published a special issue on Superiorization: theory and applications,
http://iopscience.iop.org/journal/0266-5611/page/Special-issue-superiorization-theory-and-applications
.
SNARK14 (a programming system for the reconstruction of 2D images from 1D projections)
http://www.dig.cs.gc.cuny.edu/software/snark14/
.