[3dem] Cryo-EM School2017 in Pavia: Deadline Extended, but few places remaining

Sharon G Wolf Sharon.Wolf at weizmann.ac.il
Tue May 16 12:40:54 PDT 2017

Any of Ron's or Emmanuel's students could benefit?

Sent from my iPad

On May 16, 2017, at 19:41, Federico Forneris <f.forneris at gmail.com<mailto:f.forneris at gmail.com>> wrote:

Dear all,
Few places are still available for the AIC School “Bridging the gap between Cryo-EM and Crystallography”. http://www.cristallografia.org/aicschool2017
We have decided to extend the bursary registration deadline until May 30th, 2017. We wish to remind applicants that have received official sponsorship from the International Union for Crystallography (IUCr) which allows us to offer travel bursaries and awards to outstanding participants based on their CV and motivation letters.

This school will offer the opportunity to young researchers in biochemistry or structural biology at the PhD/postdoctoral level to approach the fundamental questions arising from the cryo-EM experiment setup. Central topics will include evaluation sample suitability for analysis and its preparation, choice of appropriate instrumentation for single particle, tomography or electron diffraction approaches, data processing and interpretation of results. A showcase of recent results will contour the tutorial sessions.

We are confident that this event will be an excellent opportunity for many scientists who want to approach and learn the basics of cryo-electron microscopy.

For information, program and registration details please visit http://www.cristallografia.org/aicschool2017. More specific enquiries can be discussed via e-mail to my address or to aicschool at cristallografia.org<mailto:aicschool at cristallografia.org>

We look forward to hosting you in Pavia and discuss about Cryo-EM in September.
On behalf of all school organizers,
Very best wishes,
F.

Federico Forneris, PhD
----
The Armenise-Harvard Laboratory of Structural Biology
Dept. Biology and Biotechnology
University of Pavia
Via Ferrata, 9
I-27100 Pavia - ITALY