[3dem] We have release Scipion v1.1 with new Xmipp methods

Pablo Conesa pconesa at cnb.csic.es
Thu Jun 15 03:05:19 PDT 2017

We are very pleased to announce the release of a new version of Scipion
<http://scipion.cnb.csic.es>. It’s been over a year since the previous
and first version and we have been working on 3 main goals for this release:

  * Consolidation: We put and will always put our best effort into
    making Scipion a robust and reliable software. We have improved
    performance, usability and fixed multiple bugs.
  * EM packages integration: We have updated several EM packages to
    their latest versions (relion 2.0.4, ctffind4.1.8) and added new
    ones (motioncor2, gctf, gautomatch, …). Single movie alignment
    protocol (as in Scipion 1.0) has been split into several ones for
    each program.
  * Streaming capabilities: To speed up first preprocessing steps we
    have enabled Scipion to work in “streaming mode”, allowing users to
    compute aligned movies and estimate CTF as soon as a movie or
    micrograph comes out of the microscope PC.

See the full release noteshere
<https://github.com/I2PC/scipion/wiki/Release-Notes#v11-2017-06-14>

Please, go tohttp://scipion.cnb.csic.es/m/download_formto download the
bundles and follow our installation guide
<https://github.com/I2PC/scipion/wiki/How-to-Install-v1.1>

Many thanks too everyone that have contributed to make this happen:

biocomputing unit <http://biocomp.cnb.csic.es/staff> staff

     Scipion and Xmipp developers  and collaborators

     Scipion beta testers

Happy em!

For any question, feedback please see
https://github.com/I2PC/scipion/wiki/Contact-Us