[3dem] [ccpem] Variance map of volumes

Marin van Heel marin.vanheel at googlemail.com
Thu Jul 20 15:57:17 PDT 2017

Dear Reza,

Imagic-4D is excellent for doing such standard things with large sets of
3D volumes. That is where the name comes from ;). But it often gets more
interesting when you are not just calculating the 3D variance but rather
the first "N" eigen-volumes of your large 4D data set.
References:1) Van Heel M, Portugal R, Rohou A, Linnemayr C, Bebeacua C,
Schmidt R, Grant TR & Schatz M. *Four-Dimensional Cryo Electron
Microscopy at Quasi Atomic Resolution: IMAGIC 4D. *International Tables
for Crystallography Volume F: Crystallography of biological
macromolecules (Second Edition) Editors: E. Arnold, D. M. Himmel and M.
G. Rossmann. /International Tables for Crystallography//Vol. F/ (2012)
624-628. 2) M van Heel, RV Portugal, M Schatz: Multivariate Statistical
Analysis of Large Datasets: Single Particle Electron Microscopy.
http://www.scirp.org/journal/PaperInformation.aspx?PaperID=70260

Cheers,

Marin

On 20/07/2017 19:39, Reza Khayat wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Can anyone recommend software that can calculate variance maps among
> several dozens of volumes? I’m aware of sxvar.py from Sparx. Thanks.
>
> Best wishes,
> Reza
>
> Reza Khayat, PhD
>
> Assistant Professor
>
> Department of Chemistry
>
> City College of New York
>
> 85 Saint Nicholas Terrace, CDI 2.318
>
> New York, NY 10031
>
> http://www.khayatlab.org/
>
> 212-650-6070

     Prof Dr Ir Marin van Heel

     Laboratório Nacional de Nanotecnologia - LNNano
     CNPEM/LNNano, Campinas, Brazil

     tel:    +55-19-3518-2316
     mobile  +55-19-981809332
                  (041-19-981809332 TIM)
     Skype:  Marin.van.Heel
     email:  marin.vanheel(A_T)gmail.com
     and:    mvh.office(A_T)gmail.com

     Emeritus Professor of Cryo-EM Data Processing
     Leiden University
     Mobile NL: +31(0)652736618

     Emeritus Professor of Structural Biology
     Imperial College London
     Faculty of Natural Sciences

I receive many emails per day and, although I try,
there is no guarantee that I will actually read each incoming email.