[3dem] Issue to run UCSF Chimera on remote computer that CentOS 7.3

Zongli Li zongli.li at gmail.com
Tue Jul 11 15:18:07 PDT 2017

Dear colleagues,

We have recently updated our linux boxes from CentOS 7.2 to 7.3, these
linux machines include several workstations with GPU card. Now we have a
problem to run UCSF chimera remotely on any of these computers, but it's
perfect fine to run chimera locally. The error message we got is following:

Display misconfiguration. Please increase the color quality (24 bit color
or greater). update your display (graphics) driver, and/or upgrade your
graphic card. Also see chimera installation instructions.

Does anyone have this issue and how to fix the problem?

Thanks in advance,

Best,

Zongli