[3dem] Three job opportunities in cryoEM

Daum, Bertram B.Daum2 at exeter.ac.uk
Wed Aug 9 09:06:54 PDT 2017

Hi all,

We have a number of exciting opportunities to join our newly established electron microscopy facility at the Living Systems Institute (LSI) at the University of Exeter, UK. The LSI is a unique and highly interdisciplinary research facility bringing together highly talented scientists from multiple disciplines to investigate the principles of life at the interface between biology, physics, mathematics, medicine and engineering. http://www.exeter.ac.uk/livingsystems/

We are seeking applicants for a Postdoctoral Research Associate, an Electron Microscopy Experimental Officer and a Laboratory Technician.

The successful candidates will jointly be affiliated with the Gold & Daum laboratories (Experimental Officer and Laboratory Technician), and the Postdoctoral Research Associate will join the Gold lab. We use different techniques in cryoEM to study protein transport and assembly machines across the three kingdoms of life. We have brand new wet and cryoEM sample preparation laboratories and a dedicated Tecnai Spirit EM for screening samples, as well as a GW4-supported 200 kV Talos Arctica with a K2 direct electron detector at the South West Regional Facility for CryoEM.

For further information please see:
Postdoctoral Research Associate -  https://jobs.exeter.ac.uk/hrpr_webrecruitment/wrd/run/ETREC107GF.open?VACANCY_ID=037436JL1e&WVID=3817591jNg&LANG=USA
Electron Microscopy Experimental Officer - https://jobs.exeter.ac.uk/hrpr_webrecruitment/wrd/run/ETREC107GF.open?VACANCY_ID=302798JL1e&WVID=3817591jNg&LANG=USA
Laboratory Technician - https://jobs.exeter.ac.uk/hrpr_webrecruitment/wrd/run/ETREC107GF.open?VACANCY_ID=559701JL1e&WVID=3817591jNg&LANG=USA