[3dem] Question for Running MotionCor2

Zongli Li zongli.li at gmail.com
Fri Aug 4 10:15:46 PDT 2017

Dear colleagues,

I am running the MotionCor2 on the images stacks that have 50 sub-frames
recorded on Gatan K2 camera at super-resolution counting mode. Here is the
parameters specified in command line:

-Patch 5 5 -Iter 10 -Tol 0.5 -bft 150 -Kv 300 -Throw 0 -Trunc 0  -PixSize
0.62 -FtBin 2 -Fmdose 1.05 -Gpu 0 1 2 3 -OutStack 1

The workstation for running the job has 4 Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 cards and
each movie stack needs ~6 minutes runtime. Comparing to running the same
job on two GPU cards (GeForce GTX 680) workstation, I do not get any gain
in terms of speed.

Any suggestions?

Thank you,

Zongli