[3dem] Expectations for Falcon 3EC with Titan Krios and standard test specimens

John Rubinstein john.rubinstein at utoronto.ca
Fri Aug 4 07:54:55 PDT 2017

Dear Colleagues,

We’re getting close to testing our new Titan Krios G3 in Toronto. At the moment, the microscope is equipped with a Falcon 3EC camera - it will be a little longer before we have our energy filter and Gatan K3 camera installed.
We haven’t collected data with a Falcon 3EC before.

Can anybody share their experience in terms of expected performance with standard test specimens like apoferritin and/or the 20S proteasome with a Titan Krios and Falcon 3EC? What resolution should we expect to reach with what number of particle images?

Thanks and best regards,
John

--
John Rubinstein