[3dem] EXTENDED DEADLINE- group leader position in CryoEM, Sheffield University, UK

Per Bullough p.bullough at sheffield.ac.uk
Fri Sep 9 04:45:23 PDT 2016

Dear Colleagues

Following recent enquiries about this position we have now further extended the deadline for application until Sunday, 11th September.

We have an opening for a group leader position in electron cryomicroscopy at lecturer, senior lecturer or professor level through the ‘Imagine: Imaging Life’ project at Sheffield University:

We are growing the scale and ambition of our biological and biomedical research activities with a multi-million pound investment in a strategic, flagship project, which will establish Sheffield as a centre for imaging. Imagine will develop and apply new microscopy technologies to advance our understanding of biological systems from individual molecules to whole tissues. We are recruiting talented, experienced individuals to enhance and expand our established team.

As part of our rolling recruitment for the Imagine initiative we are looking to make further appointments in the area of high resolution biological cryoEM. We are looking for expertise in cryoEM of single particles or high resolution cryotomography at the cellular and molecular levels- prokaryotic or eukaryotic.

The University is investing generously in further new instrumentation, refurbishment, technical support and computing to enhance the current facility and accommodate the new appointees. We have recently purchased a 200kV FEI Arctica with direct electron detector, and we will be installing this in the next month. For suitable projects, access to higher end instrumentation will be available, for example through the UK-wide facility at the Diamond Light Source.

We can offer a very vibrant intellectual and collaborative environment in Sheffield. The quality of life in Sheffield is outstanding, with very easy access to the Peak District National Park and easy connections to London and other major cities.

We encourage applications from both overseas and UK citizens.

To discuss the vacancy informally and possible future recruitment opportunities please contact me at p.bullough at sheffield.ac.uk <mailto:p.bullough at sheffield.ac.uk>.

Explore the possibilities at www.sheffield.ac.uk/imagine <http://www.sheffield.ac.uk/imagine>.

To apply: please click on this link <https://jobs.shef.ac.uk/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/hrrcf_a_refcode_srch?sap-client=400&sap-syscmd=nocookie&sap-wd-configId=ZHRRCF_A_REFCODE_SRCH>, and then type in reference number UOS014455

Please contact me if you have questions about the application process.

Thanks and very best wishes

Per Bullough

Prof. Per A. Bullough
Krebs Institute for Biomolecular Research
Dept. of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology
University of Sheffield
Firth Court
Western Bank
Sheffield S10 2TN