[3dem] contamination in cryo samples

Schwartz, Cindi (NIH/NIAID) [C] cindi.schwartz at nih.gov
Fri Sep 2 07:19:59 PDT 2016

I would echo having very dry nitrogen when you load samples. We built a simple way of drying dewars overnight. We hung them upside down and shoved a hose that went to the house air in there. Turn on the house air and voila! Dry dewars. We put an industrial air filter in the system to make sure we weren't blowing any contaminants into the dewars. They were nice and dry every morning.

Good luck!

--
Cindi L. Schwartz
Electron Microscopist