[3dem] Facility manager position at UT Austin

David Taylor dtaylor at utexas.edu
Wed Nov 16 12:02:25 PST 2016

Dear 3DEM community,

The Department of Molecular Biosciences at The University of Texas at Austin is currently seeking a manager for our cryo-EM facility opening this May. The new facility will house a Titan Krios equipped with a K2 detector and a Talos equipped with a CETA camera. We are looking for an experienced electron microscopist, preferably familiar with the operation of a Krios. The facility manager will be responsible for overseeing the maintenance of instruments and training. We also anticipate the manager will have opportunities to be a co-PI on collaborative projects and pursue their own research interests. Salary and benefits will be extremely competitive.

The Department of Molecular Biosciences is a diverse, collaborative, friendly community of scientists researching topics ranging from systems to molecules. UT Austin is the flagship university of the University of Texas. It is home to ~40,000 undergraduates and ~12,000 graduate students. Austin is a vibrant city with great social, music, and outdoor scenes.

Please apply using the following website: https://utdirect.utexas.edu/apps/hr/jobs/nlogon/161101010708

Inquiries can be directed to department chair Daniel Leahy (dleahy at austin.utexas.edu<mailto:dleahy at austin.utexas.edu>) or me (dtaylor at utexas.edu<mailto:dtaylor at utexas.edu>).

Best,
David