[3dem] Exciting opportunities at eBIC for EM scientists

Zhang, Peijun PEZ7 at pitt.edu
Tue Nov 1 19:30:53 PDT 2016

Dear all,
We are seeking two enthusiastic and motivated EM scientists to join our growing eBIC team at Diamond Light Source. This is a unique and exciting opportunity for experienced EM researchers to combine scientific/technical research with management. The successful candidates will work on the development of cutting-edge scientific or technical research, and provision of high-end cryo-electron microscopy for our user community.

eBIC (electron Bio-Imaging Centre) provides scientists with state-of-the-art experimental equipment and expertise in the field of cryo-electron microscopy, for single particle analysis and cryo-electron tomography. It currently includes two Titan Krios microscopes both with Gatan Quantum K2 Summit and Volta phase plate, a Talos and a Scios dual-beam, with two more Krios to be installed early next year. Located on the Harwell Science and Innovation Campus in South Oxfordshire and integrated within Diamond Light source, the centre provides a unique platform to exploit electron, light and synchrotron imaging capabilities through an integrated approach in the life sciences.

For details and application forms, please see:

http://www.diamond.ac.uk/Careers/Vacancies/All/0079_16_CH.html

The closing date is Nov 20, 2016.

Peijun

--