[3dem] Python function equivalent to MRC image2010 Irdpas

john.rubinstein at utoronto.ca john.rubinstein at utoronto.ca
Fri Jul 15 14:24:16 PDT 2016

Dear Colleagues,

In order to save some coding, I am hoping that someone can point me to
a Python function that is equivalent the MRC Image2010 subroutine
Irdpas, which reads part of a section from an MRC format image stack.
That is, I would like to specify a z-slice, a start point in x, an end
point in x, a start point in y, and an end point in y, and have the
function return a 2D array that contains the relevant portion of the
specified slice. Any python code that extracts particles from movies
should have this function. A more general function that extracts a
volume from the stack/volume would also be great.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Best regards,
John

--
John Rubinstein
Molecular Structure and Function Program