[3dem] 2 Open position MPSD Hamburg Germany

Schulz, Eike-Christian eike.schulz at mpsd.mpg.de
Tue Jul 5 01:22:18 PDT 2016

Dear all,

on behalf of R.J. Dwayne Miller, I would like to advertise two open positions at the MPSD in Hamburg.

With best regards

Eike Schulz

"Dear Colleague:

My group has developed new ultrabright electron sources specifically for
TEM applications along with nanofluidic technology that enables liquid
pathlengths on the 100 nm scale and the attainment of nm resolution to
biomacromolecule motions.  We effectively can now do single molecule
trajectories with full correlation of the motion on the nm-microsecond
space-time scales.  We are looking for outstanding candidates with
experience in TEM microscopy or imaging but this experience is not
essential.  The calibre of the candidate is our top consideration.  The
students involved will receive training in handling biological systems
in Toronto and real space-time imaging with ultrabright electron sources
in Hamburg.  It should be a unique experience.

Thanks for bringing this opening to any potentially interested student.

Sincerely,

R. J. Dwayne Miller, FRSC
Director of Atomically Resolved Dynamics
Max Planck Institute for the Structure and Dynamics of Matter and

Professor of Chemistry and Physics
Distinguished University Professor
University of Toronto"

Dr. Eike C. Schulz
Max Planck Institute for the Structure and Dynamics of Matter
Luruper Chaussee 149 | 22761 Hamburg | Germany
Building 99 (CFEL) | Office O2.101
Phone +49 (0)40 8998-6264 | Fax +49 (0)40 8994-6264 | Website www.mpsd.mpg.de