[3dem] exchange of zeolite in a Gatan 626 cryholder

Robert McLeod robert.mcleod at unibas.ch
Tue Feb 23 04:56:15 PST 2016

Lubomir,

Molecular sieve sorbents are commonly used in foreline traps for systems with oil-lubricated rotary-vane roughing pumps and similar.  You just want to know where to buy it?  I.e. Kurt J. Lesker offers a 1 lbs. can here for 23 Euros:

http://www.lesker.com/newweb/traps/forelinetraps_molecularsieve.cfm?pgid=inlinestraight

The main issue might be grain size.  Foreline traps are fairly large.  I guess one could always grind the pellets down with a mortar and pestle or a ball mill, or look for another vendor

Robert

--
Robert McLeod, Ph.D.
Center for Cellular Imaging and Nano Analytics (C-CINA)
robert.mcleod at unibas.ch
robert.mcleod at bsse.ethz.ch
robbmcleod at gmail.com