[3dem] more on the odd CCD image

Ludtke, Steven J sludtke at bcm.edu
Thu Feb 4 16:27:13 PST 2016

Electrical noise due to a loose/bad cable?  I seem to recall a case where we had a bad cable connection due to being periodically "bumped" or somesuch. This is a bit more extreme than I recall seeing, but certainly if there is a grounding issue or a bad cable all sorts of electrical badness can occur. If you know the readout rate of the detector you can estimate the frequency of the noise you're seeing.

Of course it could be something else   :^)

Steven Ludtke, Ph.D.
Professor, Dept. of Biochemistry and Mol. Biol.                Those who do
Co-Director National Center For Macromolecular Imaging	           ARE
Baylor College of Medicine                                     The converse
sludtke at bcm.edu  -or-  stevel at alumni.caltech.edu               also applies
http://ncmi.bcm.edu/~stevel