[3dem] Suggestions for Resources Handout--Biophysics 101 "course" on cryo-EM-2017 Biophysical Society Meeting

Erin E Schexnaydre eschex9 at lsu.edu
Wed Aug 31 15:27:17 PDT 2016

Dear Colleagues,
We are assembling a resources handout for the Biophysics 101 "course" on cryo-EM at the 2017 Biophysical Society Meeting in February. The course will give an up-to-date overview of cryo-EM for beginners interested in the field.
For the handout, we would appreciate your suggestions for

  *          Seminal Reviews
  *          Courses and workshops
  *          On-line materials and videos
  *          Shared cryoEM facilities
Include anything you think might be appropriate for beginners, but more advanced resources are also welcome. Please forward your suggestions to eschex9 at lsu.edu<mailto:eschex9 at lsu.edu>
Once we have assembled our list of resources, we will send our handout to the 3DEM list-serve.
In the meantime, please note that the registration site for the Biophysical Society Meeting is open and abstracts can be submitted up until the October 3 deadline.
http://www.biophysics.org/2017meeting
The 2017 meeting is particularly rich in sessions dedicated to Cryo-EM: in addition to Biophysics 101, there will be a Cryo-EM Workshop and a Cryo-EM Subgroup which we hope you will attend and recommend to your colleagues.
Sincerely,
David Stokes (organizer)
Esther Bullitt
David DeRosier