[3dem] Position for Transmission Electron Microscopist

Bob bobashley at psu.edu
Fri Sep 25 06:45:06 PDT 2015

Dear Colleagues,

The PSU College of Medicine seeks qualified applicants for a Transmission Electron Microscopist position within our Core Facility. The successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of TEM sample preparation and image acquisition in a recently constructed 600 sq ft laboratory equipped with a JEOL 1400 TEM, plus all needed sectioning and other equipment. The TEM facility is part of our Microscopy Imaging Facility (http://www.pennstatehershey.org/web/core/microscopy-histology), which provides a range of microscopy imaging acquisition services (in addition to TEM) to PSU researchers, including CryoEM, Confocal, Multiphoton, and Deconvolution microscopy, and advanced image processing with AUTO3DEM, EMAN2, Bitplane IMARIS, VOLOCITY, and HUYGENS Deconvolution software. The Microscopy Imaging Facility currently occupies >2000 square feet of space and is equipped with a JEOL 2100 Cryo-EM, a Leica SP8 White Light Laser Confocal, a DeltaVision Elite Deconvolution Microscope, and a Nikon A1MP+ Multiphoton Microscope System, in addition to the JEOL 1400 TEM.

 https://psu.jobs/job/58857

Bob Ashley
CryoEM Lab Manager
Penn State College of Medicine