[3dem] Fellowships in Leeds

Neil Ranson N.A.Ranson at leeds.ac.uk
Sat Sep 12 09:10:16 PDT 2015

Dear All,

Just a quick reminder that the University of Leeds is seeking to recruit a number of independent tenure-track fellows. We are particularly interested in applicants with interests in structural molecular biology, who wish to take advantage of the exceptional facilities that will be available within the new Astbury BioStructure Laboratory.

In addition to a thriving MX facility, which includes state of the art crystallization robotics, we will shortly take delivery of a new Bruker 950 MHz NMR spectrometer and be comprehensively upgrading our 600 MHz instrument with sample automation robotics for ligand screening and titration studies. These will sit alongside our recently upgraded, cryoprobe-equipped 750 MHz spectrometer).

For EM, we will be installing two Titan Krios G2 microscopes early next year. One will be equipped with a Falcon camera, the other with a Falcon, plus an energy-filtered K2, and a volta phase plate.

Details of the fellowship scheme are available (through the link to the School of Molecular & Cellular Biology) at :
http://250greatminds.leeds.ac.uk

Applications – which can be in any of the indicated areas, but also in any area of structural molecular biology – close on 30th September 2015.

Please get in touch with any informal enquiries.

KR,
Neil Ranson

Dr Neil Ranson | Director of EM, Astbury BioStructure Laboratory
Astbury Centre for Structural Molecular Biology
School of Molecular & Cellular Biology
University of Leeds | LEEDS | LS2 9JT |  UK.
Astbury Building: Room 8.108
Tel:  +44 (0) 113 343 7065 | E: n.a.ranson at leeds.ac.uk<mailto:n.a.ranson at leeds.ac.uk>