[3dem] Hardware Stereo

David Bhella David.Bhella at glasgow.ac.uk
Sat Oct 17 02:39:34 PDT 2015

I think the problem is that the monitors with built in emitter are discontinued or at least very difficult to buy. Also because of the cryptic model numbers and marketing info it is sometimes hard to know whether the monitor you order has the built in emitter or not. Of those that were available I preferred the Asus monitor over the Acer option (poor build quality). Now though you need to buy a separate emitter. In the UK I could not buy an nVidia IR emitter that had the 3pin connector, nVidia advised me that I had to buy the much more expensive radio system 3D vision pro (works really well - but obscenely expensive). I think that in the US a 3pin IR version is available.

I had a zalman monitor on my Mac but didn't like the narrow view angle. I am now using a 32" active 3D Samsung TV as a second monitor. Looks great but huge compromises in terms of functionality.

Dave

Sent from my iPhone