[3dem] Post-doctoral position at MRC LMB

Lori Passmore passmore at mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk
Thu Nov 12 13:40:14 PST 2015

Post-doctoral position at MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology

A postdoctoral position is available in my group to study the Fanconi Anaemia (FA) core complex, a large multisubunit E3 ubiquitin ligase involved in DNA repair (see Rajendra et al 2014). We aim to understand the mechanistic basis of substrate ubiquitination by FA core complex. The candidate will determine high-resolution cryo-EM structures of relevant complexes. This work will be combined with functional studies to determine the molecular mechanisms of the complex in vivo and in vitro.

Members of the team use a hybrid approach including electron microscopy, x-ray crystallography, genetics and biochemistry. The ideal candidate will have experience in structural biology (preferably electron microscopy).

For more information about our research, visit our website :
http://www2.mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk/groups/passmore/Home.html
Please contact me for informal enquires and apply through the MRC website:
https://mrc.tal.net/vx/lang-en-GB/appcentre-1/candidate/postings/26