[3dem] Possible influence of construction

kunihiro uryu kuryu at mail.rockefeller.edu
Tue May 5 07:05:38 PDT 2015

Our institution is going to start a construction which will last a few
years. I would imagine that the construction will have a negative influence
on TEM and SEM operations, but can not tell the magnitude of the impact
since the construction has not started yet. In particular, one of the TEMs
(Tecnai G2 120kV) is closer to the construction site within 100 feet (30m)
and does not have electro-magnetic field or vibration cancellation system.

I would like to get your opinion and experiences on the issue:

1) What problems did you encounter on the SEM and TEM operation during a
long term construction?

2) Were you able to distinguish field and vibration issues?

3) Were you able to mitigate the problems? If so, how?

4) Could you recommend an independent consulting service company to assess
the vibration and field problems before contacting companies specializing
in the installation of anti-field and anti-vibration system for EMs?

We appreciate your advice in advance.

Regards,
Hiro

------