[3dem] French Microscopy Congress, Nice, France, June 30-July 3, 2015

Slavica Jonic slavica.jonic at impmc.upmc.fr
Wed Mar 18 07:01:49 PDT 2015

Dear Colleagues:

I would like to draw your attention to the French Microscopy Congress
that will be held in the beautiful city of Nice at the French Riviera,
from June 30 to July 3,  2015. Several sessions in Life Sciences have
been proposed (descriptions in French and English are given at
http://www.crhea.cnrs.fr/sfmu2015/programme/symposia.htm).
I would particularly like to draw your attention to two of them :

"3D Imaging" session: This session will cover different 3D imaging
approaches in life sciences. The presentations will be on studies using
electron microscopy, or super-resolution microscopy, alone, or in
combination with other techniques (e.g. ion beams; X-ray microscopy;
atomic force microscopy; fluorescence microscopy; resonance energy
transfer; …), at different scales from macromolecules to cell. A
particular emphasis will be put on image and reconstruction-volume
analysis approaches, for 3D modeling. Submissions from young researchers
(PhD students, post-docs) and on the development of new methods for 3D
imaging are strongly encouraged.
Invited speakers: I. Rouiller (Université McGill Montréal, Quebec,
Canada) and P. Walther (University of Ulm, Germany)

"Cryo-microscopy" session: With the recent impressive technological
developments in cryo-electron microscopy, deciphering the structure and
dynamic organization of macromolecular complexes in their native state
has become a reality. Indeed, the latest advances observed in
instrumentation (automation, direct detection camera...) and software
(image analysis) have induced some dramatic improvements in structural
electron microscopy. The purpose of this symposium will be to highlight
the most recent improvements in both cryo-tomography and single particle
analyses for frozen hydrated biological samples.
Invited speakers: B. Klaholtz (IGBMC, Strasbourg, France) and B. Zuber
(University of Bern, Switzerland)

If you are interested to join the meeting, please send us your intention
mail ASAP and we will give you further instructions (a short abstract
following a simple Word template should be send before March 31).

For "3D Imaging" session, please contact Slavica Jonic
(Slavica.Jonic at impmc.upmc.fr) and/or Jean-Marc Verbavatz
(jean-marc.verbavatz at univ-paris-diderot.fr).
For "Cryo-microscopy" session, please contact Aurélie Bertin
(aurelie.bertin at curie.fr) and/or Olivier Lambert
(o.lambert at cbmn.u-bordeaux.fr).

Thanks in advance for supporting this meeting.

Best regards,
Slavica

--
Slavica JONIC, CR1 CNRS