[3dem] Vacancy for a Scientific Programmer Bioimaging & EMPIAR at PDBe

Gerard DVD Kleywegt gerard at xray.bmc.uu.se
Tue Mar 17 10:08:25 PDT 2015

Hi all,

We are looking to recruit an experienced and motivated "Scientific Programmer
Bioimaging & EMPIAR" to join the Protein Data Bank in Europe (PDBe) team at
the European Bioinformatics Institute (EBI) located on the Wellcome Trust
Genome Campus near Cambridge in the UK.

PDBe has recently launched EMPIAR (http://pdbe.org/empiar), an archive of raw
2D image data from electron microscopy and electron tomography experiments. We
now plan to extend and improve the archival, integration and dissemination of
cellular imaging data from a range of other modalities including 3D scanning
electron microscopy (3D-SEM), soft X-ray tomography (SXT) and correlative
light and electron microscopy (CLEM). We are therefore seeking to recruit an
enthusiastic scientific programmer with outstanding programming skills to join
the EMPIAR development team.

For more information, see:

      https://ig14.i-grasp.com/fe/tpl_embl01.asp?newms=jj&id=53570&aid=15470

For informal enquiries, please contact Ardan Patwardhan <ardan at ebi.ac.uk>, who
is in charge of the EMPIAR project.

Best wishes,

--Gerard

---
Gerard J. Kleywegt, PDBe, EMBL-EBI, Hinxton, UK
gerard at ebi.ac.uk ..................... pdbe.org
Secretary: Pauline Haslam  pdbe_admin at ebi.ac.uk