[3dem] Postdoctoral position at the Institute of Cancer Research

Ed Morris Ed.Morris at icr.ac.uk
Wed Jun 3 06:52:43 PDT 2015

Dear All

Sorry to bother everyone again but it seems that the link I gave below doesn’t work properly (I think the string length of the link makes it tricky to include in an email).
Thanks to those who alerted me to this.
A more robust way of getting to the online advert/application site is to go to
www.icr.ac.uk<http://www.icr.ac.uk>  -> careers -> current vacancies
then enter 1464910 in the reference number box and hit the search button.

Best wishes

Ed

We have a postdoctoral position available in my team at the Institute of Cancer Research based at our Chelsea site (central London) to work on the cryo-EM structure of the proteasome and higher order complexes formed from COP9 signalsome and E3 ligases. The position is described below and further details are available online where applications can be made. The deadline for applications is 30 June and the position is available immediately.

The online link is

https://atsv7.wcn.co.uk/search_engine/jobs.cgi?SID=amNvZGU9MTQ2NDkxMCZ2dF90ZW1wbGF0ZT0xMTk4Jm93bmVyPTUwNTAxMzAmb3duZXJ0eXBlPWZhaXImYnJhbmRfaWQ9MCZwb3N0aW5nX2NvZGU9NDI1JnJlcXNpZz0xNDMyOTExNjExLTljYjIzN2YwNWNmMDljMjk3NjNkNTM5NGFkMTAwODc0OTU3Y2I2M2M<https://icrmail.icr.ac.uk/owa/redir.aspx?SURL=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..&URL=https%3a%2f%2fatsv7.wcn.co.uk%2fsearch_engine%2fjobs.cgi%3fSID%3damNvZGU9MTQ2NDkxMCZ2dF90ZW1wbGF0ZT0xMTk4Jm93bmVyPTUwNTAxMzAmb3duZXJ0eXBlPWZhaXImYnJhbmRfaWQ9MCZwb3N0aW5nX2NvZGU9NDI1JnJlcXNpZz0xNDMyOTExNjExLTljYjIzN2YwNWNmMDljMjk3NjNkNTM5NGFkMTAwODc0OTU3Y2I2M2M>

I would encourage anyone who is interested to apply. Also, if you know of anyone who might be interested, please draw their attention to the position. I would be happy to answer any questions on the position on an informal basis.

Best wishes

Ed

Dr Edward Morris
Reader in Structural Electron Microscopy
Division of Structural Biology
The Institute of Cancer Research
Chester Beatty Laboratories
237 Fulham Road
London SW3 6JB
UK
+44 (0) 207153 5531
Edward.morris at icr.ac.uk<mailto:Edward.morris at icr.ac.uk>

The Division of Structural Biology at the Institute of Cancer Research has an outstanding research record in the structural biology of proteins and protein complexes relevant to cancer and cancer therapy with a particular emphasis on electron microscopy and protein crystallography. It is excellently equipped for cryo-electron microscopy (FEI TF20 and T12 microscopes, 4K CMOS camera, Vitrobot), single particle analysis (hardware and software) and protein production and purification.

We seek to appoint a Postdoctoral Training Fellow to Dr Edward Morris’ team in the Division of Structural Biology. The post is funded by a programme grant from Cancer Research UK. The successful applicant will undertake structural analysis by high resolution cryo-electron microscopy and single particle analysis on protein complexes associated with the ubiquitin-proteasome system, in particular the 26S proteasome and the COP-9 signalosome. The goal is to establish an improved understanding of these molecular machines which are either established or potential targets for cancer drugs.

Applicants should possess a PhD in biological sciences. Experience in and be committed to structural biology is essential. Experience in electron microscopy and single particle analysis and protein biochemistry would be highly advantageous.

Appointment will be on a Fixed Term Contract for 2 years in the first instance. The full salary scale is in the range from £28,966 p.a. to £41,400 p.a. inclusive. Starting salary will be based on previous postdoctoral experience.

To apply please submit your CV and covering letter (addressing where you meet the person specification and including the names and addresses of two referees) online.

This e-mail message is confidential and for use by the addressee only.  If the message is received by anyone other than the addressee, please return the message to the sender by replying to it and then delete the message from your computer and network.