[3dem] Liquid Nitrogen Leakage of Cryo Workstation

Long Gui loong at uw.edu
Wed Jan 28 11:56:29 PST 2015

Dear all,

We have been using a Gatan cryo holder 626 and its coupled workstation for
about 5 years. But recently we are having a problem about liquid nitrogen
leakage. When we are working with the cryo transfer workstation, the liquid
nitrogen drops very quickly and a lot of ice start forming on the outer
shell of the workstation (as the attached image 1). Then we performed a
leakage testing assays with water and finally we have noticed a crack at
the junction area of the neck (as the attached image 2. highlighted by red
circle.)

Could any one can suggest a fix for liquid nitrogen leak in the 626 holder
workstation? Is there any sealant or epoxy anyone has experience with a
crack that seems to work?

Thanks,
--
Long Gui

Ph.D. Candidate, Lee Lab
Dept. of Medicinal Chemistry, University of Washington
Biological Physics, Structure and Design Graduate Program