[3dem] GMS under Parallels on Mac OS X

Brink Jaap jbrink at jeol.com
Tue Jan 13 10:08:24 PST 2015

Hi,

I’m trying to get GMS 2 to run under WIN XP in a virtual machine that’s set up using Parallels (a virtual machine) on a Mac PB (OS X, Yosemite). I need this to be able to read .dm4 files as Fiji can only deal with image files in .dm3 format. It would appear a converter for .dm4 is not available.

The first step is to get a license installer to execute. Here’s where things go wrong. Even though I installed .NET 4 this installer doesn’t initialize properly. Gatan pointed me to a 2012 paper by Hovden, but that deals with DM running using Wine. Has anyone tried and gotten GMS 2 installed using Parallels?

Thanks in advance,

Jaap