[3dem] Position

Hernando J Sosa hernando.sosa at einstein.yu.edu
Mon Feb 2 13:31:29 PST 2015

POST-DOCTORAL POSITION

A post-doctoral position is available in the Sosa laboratory to study tubulin & kinesin assemblies using cryo-electron microscopy and single-particle image analysis techniques. We employ a variety of approaches such as site-directed mutagenesis, cryo-electron microscopy and single molecule fluorescence microscopy to investigate biological motors at the molecular level. For this position experience in electron microscopy and/or image analysis is highly desirable.

We have a full electron microscopy facility to cover all aspects of electron microscopy including a Tecnai 200 cryo-electron microscope equipped with a 4K by 4K TVIPS ccd camera, film scanners, a Vitrobot unit for flash freezing, a high pressure freezing unit, several computer wokstations for image analysis and access to the Albert Einstein High Performance Computing Resources (2144 computing nodes).  We also have access to the cryo-electron microscopy facility at the New York Structural Biology Center, which houses several state-of-the-art microscopes (200 & 300 kV FEG equipped with the latest direct electron detectors).

Our laboratory is located in the Albert Einstein College of medicine in New York City, which offers excellent opportunities for scientific interaction within the college and with many other scientific institutions in the New York area.
Interested candidates* please send a letter (or email), CV and reference names to:

Hernando Sosa
Dept. of Physiology and Biophysics
Albert Einstein College of Medicine
1300 Morris Park Av.
Bronx NY 10461
phone (718) 430-3456
FAX (718) 430-8819
email hernando.sosa at einstein.yu.edu<mailto:hernando.sosa at einstein.yu.edu>

The Albert Einstein College of Medicine is an equal opportunity employer.

*Interested candidates  attending the upcoming Biophysical Society Meeting in Baltimore please feel free to drop me an email to arrange a meeting  there.