[3dem] Compiling Relion with Intel Compilers

Robert McLeod robert.mcleod at unibas.ch
Wed Dec 2 07:00:31 PST 2015

It's extremely easy.

Run the install script as normal so you have a Makefile designed for gcc.

Then edit the Makefile, and change the following flags:

CC = icc
CPP = icc -E
CLAGS =
CXX = icpc
CXXFLAGS =

That's it according to a diff I did on the Makefiles for both builds.  I don't know if OpenMPI must be compiled with Intel or not.  There is a guide from Intel on how to do that, however:

https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/performance-tools-for-software-developers-building-open-mpi-with-the-intel-compilers

Robert

--
Robert McLeod, Ph.D.
Center for Cellular Imaging and Nano Analytics (C-CINA)
robert.mcleod at unibas.ch
robert.mcleod at bsse.ethz.ch
robbmcleod at gmail.com