[3dem] Relion and Random Conical Tilt Reconstructions

Fabien Alexandre Bergeret, Dr fabien.bergeret at mcgill.ca
Thu Apr 9 12:41:52 PDT 2015

Dear 3dem,

I am currently doing random conical tilt reconstructions with Xmipp3.1. So far, 2D classifications with CL2D gave me the best results. I've also made 2D classifications of my untilted particles with Relion and it gave me very good classifications (nice classes and nice particles inside the classes).
I would like to use the 2D classifications from Relion for doing the RCT reconstructions with Xmipp. I don't know if it is possible and if yes how? My concerns are for example about the difference of particles numbering between Xmipp and Relion and the differences between the metafile formats.
Any help and suggestions are welcome ;)
Thanks in advance.
Best,
Fabien