[3dem] Vacancy for a Scientific Programmer Bioimaging & EMPIAR at PDBe

Ardan Patwardhan ardan at ebi.ac.uk
Thu Apr 9 00:42:45 PDT 2015

Dear all

Just a reminder of a position we have available:

We are looking to recruit an experienced and motivated "Scientific Programmer Bioimaging & EMPIAR" to join the Protein Data Bank in Europe (PDBe) team at the European Bioinformatics Institute (EBI) located on the Wellcome Trust Genome Campus near Cambridge in the UK. The application deadline is Monday April 13th at 11:00pm UK time.

PDBe has recently launched EMPIAR (http://pdbe.org/empiar), an archive of raw 2D image data from electron microscopy and electron tomography experiments. We now plan to extend and improve the archival, integration and dissemination of cellular imaging data from a range of other modalities including 3D scanning electron microscopy (3D-SEM), soft X-ray tomography (SXT) and correlative light and electron microscopy (CLEM). We are therefore seeking to recruit an enthusiastic scientific programmer with outstanding programming skills to join the EMPIAR development team.

For more information, see:

    https://ig14.i-grasp.com/fe/tpl_embl01.asp?newms=jj&id=53570&aid=15470

For informal enquiries, please feel free to contact me <ardan at ebi.ac.uk>.

Best wishes,

Ardan Patwardhan
Coordinator - cellular structure & PDBe production
Protein Data Bank in Europe (PDBe)
European Bioinformatics Institute (EMBL-EBI) European Molecular Biology Laboratory
Wellcome Trust Genome Campus
Hinxton, Cambridge CB10 1SD
Tel: +44 1223 492649