[3dem] EMI to MRC image format conversion

Marin van Heel marin.vanheel at googlemail.com
Fri Mar 14 00:09:34 PDT 2014

Dear Xiaodong,

The latest version of the em2em software (a free download from the Image
Science website (www.imagescience.de) contains the EMI/TIA conversion
you need.
It can use all FEI formats (the easiest is a file-of-filenames,
incliding separate movie stacks) and convert them to all relevant output
formats. I personally prefer a single output stack with the raw data and
a separate header file. The Imagic 4D software (if you use that) has all
the necessary tools to, for example, handle specific images within the
movie stack throughout the full data set. (Note that a stack of movie
stacks is a 4D data set that you may need to reshuffle/transpose, etc).
In case of problems contact Ralf Schmidt (ralf at imagescience.de).

Hope this helps

Marin

>>> 3dem at ncmir.ucsd.edu

     Prof. Dr. Ir. Marin van Heel

     Professor of Cryo-EM Data Processing

     Leiden University
     NeCEN Building Room 05.27
     Einsteinweg 55
     2333 CC Leiden
     The Netherlands

     Tel. NL: +31(0)715271424 // Mobile NL: +31(0)652736618
     Skype:  Marin.van.Heel
     email:  marin.vanheel(A_T)gmail.com
     and:    mvh.office(A_T)gmail.com   (Élen Tomazela)

     Emeritus Professor of Structural Biology

     Imperial College London
     Faculty of Natural Sciences
     Biochemistry Building (Room 512)
     South Kensington Campus
     London SW7 2AZ,  UK
     email:  m.vanheel(A_T)ic.ac.uk

     Tel. UK:   +44(0)2075945316 //Mobile: +44(0)7941540625

     Visiting Professor at:

     Laboratório Nacional de Nanotecnologia - LNNano
     CNPEM/ABTLuS, Campinas, Brazil
     mobile phone  +55-19-99369051

I receive many emails per day and, although I try,
there is no guarantee that I will actually read each incoming email.
Moreover, the IC spam filters can be strikt and sometimes make
legitimate emails disappear (try the gmail accounts, alternatively)