[3dem] .raw file format conversion

Marin van Heel marin.vanheel at googlemail.com
Sun Jun 29 07:31:54 PDT 2014

Dear Ahmed Tofayel

The latest em2em program handles all various FEI/EPU formats and
converts it to all possible formats. The latest version that I have is
from the 19th of June 2014 and I see the latest released version is from
the 23rd of June (see: https://www.imagescience.de/download.html#em2em).
I have used em2em successfully on all the various FEI formats. If you
continue to have problems send your log-file to
ralf.schmidt at imagescience.de and he will certainly help you! You may
also want to convert your data first to the native imagic-4D stack
format and from that to whatever format you want to work in. That has
the added advantage that I also understand the error messages. (It of
course remains possible that your files really are corrupted as
suggested by XMIPP).

Hope this helps

Marin

On 29/06/2014 15:51, #AHMED TOFAYEL# wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I am new to the 3DEM mailing and this is my first mail to the EM
> community. I will be grateful if some of you could help me. I have a
> basic question about raw file formats. I have my data in raw format
> from Falcon2 detector in movie frames but I am unable to convert it to
> other formats. I tried XMIPP but it says that files are corrupted. I
> have also tried imageJ and em2em but still unable to convert it. I
> also tried spider but the converted files look different.
>
> I hope that some of you also might have encountered the same problem
> and would have found the ways to deal with it.
>

> Thanks and hoping to get some help.
>

> Best regards,
>
> Tofayel Ahmed
>
> Graduate Student
>
> NTU Singapore

     Prof Dr Ir Marin van Heel

     Professor of Cryo-EM Data Processing

     Leiden University
     NeCEN Building Room 05.27
     Einsteinweg 55
     2333 CC Leiden
     The Netherlands

     Tel. NL: +31(0)715271424 // Mobile NL: +31(0)652736618
     Skype:    Marin.van.Heel
     email:  marin.vanheel(A_T)gmail.com
     and:    mvh.office(A_T)gmail.com

     Emeritus Professor of Structural Biology

     Imperial College London
     Faculty of Natural Sciences
     Biochemistry Building (Room 512)
     South Kensington Campus
     London SW7 2AZ,  UK
     email:  m.vanheel(A_T)ic.ac.uk

     Tel. UK:   +44(0)2075945316 //Mobile: +44(0)7941540625

     Visiting Professor at:

     Laboratório Nacional de Nanotecnologia - LNNano
     CNPEM/ABTLuS, Campinas, Brazil
     Brazilian mobile phone  +55-19-99369051

I receive many emails per day and, although I try,
there is no guarantee that I will actually read each incoming email.
Moreover, our Spam filters can be strikt and sometimes make
legitimate emails disappear (try the gmail accounts, alternatively)