[3dem] postdoc positions

Linda Sandblad linda.sandblad at molbiol.umu.se
Fri Jul 18 08:25:44 PDT 2014

Since Umeå University, Sweden will establish a new EM facility during 2015 (for cryo, tomography and more), maybe you are interested to apply for one of these projects.
Postdoctoral Research Opportunities in Infection Biology and Molecular Infection Medicine
http://www8.umu.se/umu/aktuellt/arkiv/lediga_tjanster/4-701-14.html#eng<http://www8.umu.se/umu/aktuellt/arkiv/lediga_tjanster/4-701-14.html%23eng>
Several positions are open for postdoctoral candidates interested to do research in the highly interactive and multidisciplinary research environment UCMR – Umeå Centre for Microbial Research (www.ucmr.umu.se<http://www.ucmr.umu.se>) at Umeå University.

UCMR includes The Laboratory for Molecular Infection Medicine Sweden (MIMS; www.mims.umu.se<http://www.mims.umu.se>) – the Swedish node of The Nordic EMBL Partnership for Molecular Medicine. UCMR-MIMS researchers combine a strong molecular infection biology programme with chemical biology to clarify molecular mechanisms of microbial infections. We aim to recruit new postdoctoral scientists with competence and ideas that will strengthen the research environment and contribute to its renewal.

The programme is open to all nationalities and features of the positions include:

 *   Development of a project proposal forms the basis for recruitment
 *   Funding for research within a multidisciplinary environment
 *   Two years of secure funding
 *   Access to UCMR-MIMS-affiliated core facilities and technical platforms.

The positions are full-time for 24 months.

Applicants should have a PhD degree in a field relevant for the position preferably completed within the past three years.

Candidates for the UCMR-MIMS postdoc programme are encouraged to design their own research project based on one of the UCMR-MIMS project ideas listed below.  These ideas should then be developed into research project proposals by the candidates. Preferable the project PI should be contacted for discussion of the project and the application before submission.

Please contact me, if you are interested in my projects
http://www.mims.umu.se/images/stories/documents/postdocprojects_2014/Sandblad.pdf
or look at all the other opportunities :-)
Linda Sandblad
Department of Molecular Biology
Umeå University
+46 709324936