[3dem] electron dose & data collection strategy for Titan Krios, 300kV, Falcon back thinned

Sjors Scheres scheres at mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk
Tue Jan 14 02:58:51 PST 2014

Hi Max,
Xueming Li, Yifan Cheng et al. describe in Nature Methods (2013) that
"motion was fast in the beginning of the exposure and that it slowed
down quickly (Fig. 3c
<http://www.nature.com/nmeth/journal/v10/n6/full/nmeth.2472.html#f3>)",
which could explain the observation that the first few frames are worse.
Why the particles would move faster in the beginning is not clear (at
least to me).
HTH, S