[3dem] Special session on novel image processing methods, IEEE ICIP 2014 conference, Paris (France), October 27-30, 2014

Slavica Jonic slavica.jonic at impmc.jussieu.fr
Tue Jan 7 09:35:51 PST 2014

Dear Colleagues,

We wish you a Happy New Year and we are pleased to inform you about the
approval of our proposal for the special session on novel image
processing methods for electron microscopy that will be held at the
*2014 IEEE International Conference on Image Processing (ICIP 2014,
**Paris, France**, **October 27-30, 2014, *http://www.icip2014.com).

The special session is  entitled:
*Electron-microscopy image processing problems and applications in
biology: From structure to dynamics*.

We have got a few more propositions for contributed papers to the
special session than the maximum allowed number (each special session
must comprise exactly 6 papers), which shows interest of the EM
community to be represented at this conference. We are very grateful to
the special-session contributors and would like to invite anyone else
who would like to attend this session to contribute by submitting full
five-page papers by *January ***31, *2014 *through the regular-program
submission (regular papers).

As the special session must comprise exactly 6 papers, drawing from
papers submitted to the regular program will be used to fill gaps if
any. We thus want to draw your attention to the points listed below when
you are preparing  your paper for the submission. For the full
instructions, see http://www.icip2014.org/paper-submission/.

_In particular, all papers (regular papers and special-session papers) : _
- *Must *be submitted by January 31, 2014;
- *W**ill *be reviewed;
- *M**ust* include a short discussion on relation to prior work in the
field (the discussion is not required to be in a separate section alone);
- *M**ay* optionally include a 5th page containing only references;
- Papers which are missing the statement of relation to prior work or
which have a 5th page with ANY non-reference content, will be rejected
without review. See the ICIP 2014 Paper Kit
<http://icip2014.wp.mines-telecom.fr/paper-kit/> (through
http://www.icip2014.org/paper-submission/) for full details about the
paper formatting and templates (Word or Latex).
_Only for special-session papers:_
- In the submission form, the special-session contributors*MUST *select
the topic corresponding to the special session, although we suggest that
they also select several more topics as well to aid in reviewing;
- If there are more than 6 accepted papers after the review, 6 papers
will be selected and the exceeding papers will be moved to the regular
program.

If you have any question about the special session or the conference, do
not hesitate to contact us (*slavica.jonic at impmc.upmc.fr* and
*coss at cnb.csic.es*).

Thank you.

Slavica Jonic (CNRS-UPMC, Paris, France) and
Carlos Oscar Sanchez Sorzano (CNB-CSIC, Madrid, Spain)