[3dem] Faculty Positions in Cryo-EM at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center

Daniela Nicastro Daniela.Nicastro at UTSouthwestern.edu
Sat Dec 13 14:40:14 PST 2014

Tenure-track Assistant Professor Positions
in Cryo-Electron Microscopy or EM Tomography
Departments of Biophysics and Cell Biology
UT Southwestern Medical Center

We have initiated a major, collaborative effort to advance imaging from molecular to cellular scales on our campus.  Our vision is to build a cohort of scientists appointed in one or both departments who are studying biological and/or biophysical problems through synergistic use or development of state-of-the-art imaging technologies, in vitro and in cells. We invite applications for tenure-track faculty positions at the level of assistant professor to join this initiative.  We seek creative and energetic candidates who study molecular and/or cellular processes using the tools of electron microscopy, ranging from single-particle analyses of molecular machines to tomographic analysis of cellular structures. Research in this area will benefit from significant new investments in infrastructure and instrumentation (including a Titan Halo TEM with energy filter, 2 direct electron detectors (pre- and post-filter), and Volta-phase plates, a Scios cryo-FIB, and a JEOL2200). Successful applicants will benefit from an intellectually stimulating, supportive and collaborative environment, and a range of enabling core facilities, including x-ray crystallography, NMR spectroscopy, molecular biophysics, high performance computing, electron microscopy and live cell imaging.

Applicants should submit a curriculum vitae, a concise description of previous research accomplishments and future plans (3 page limit) and three letters of reference to http://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/jobs/4386. Applications will be accepted until the positions are filled, but applications received by December 31, 2014, will be given priority. You may email questions to BiophysicsSearch at UTSouthwestern.edu. Attention: Michael Rosen, Chair, Biophysics, to cbrecruitment at UTSouthwestern.edu.  Attention:  Sandra Schmid, Chair, Cell Biology, or to Daniela.Nicastro at UTSouthwestern.edu. The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.

UT Southwestern Medical Center
The future of medicine, today.