[3dem] Post-doctoral position at MRC LMB Cambridge

Lori Passmore passmore at mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk
Fri Apr 25 08:12:17 PDT 2014

Dear all,

I am looking to recruit a postdoctoral researcher with expertise in structural biology to join my group at the MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology in Cambridge, UK.

We are characterising the structure and function of macromolecular machines involved in mRNA polyadenylation and deadenylation. We use a hybrid approach including electron microscopy, x-ray crystallography, yeast genetics and biochemistry. This project will follow on from our recent advances in sample preparation, functional studies and developments in EM.

The LMB EM facility houses five electron microscopes, including a 300 keV Titan Krios with two direct electron detectors and energy filter, and a 300 keV Polara (also with a direct electron detector and energy filter).

Please contact me (passmore at mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk) or visit http://www2.mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk/groups/passmore/Home.html for more information.

Thank you
Lori

Lori A. Passmore, PhD