[3dem] Position in Birkbeck College

Elena Orlova e.orlova at mail.cryst.bbk.ac.uk
Tue Apr 8 06:19:39 PDT 2014

dear All,
We are seeking a motivated Postdoctoral Research Assistant to carry out
structural biology research on the helicase complex E1 and its complexes
with DNA.Full-time, fixed term for up to 21 months

PhD (or equivalent) in a relevant subject area required.

The work will advance our understanding of the mechanisms of DNA
replication in a well-recognized and established model
organism. Helicases are an important class of enzyme and they are
therapeutic targets in cancer and viral diseases. They remain poorly
understood. We aim to use cryo-electron microscopy, statistical analysis
and image processing to obtain 3D structures of the initiator protein
E1-DNA complex in bovine papillomavirus.

Crystallography has provided structures of several separate domains,
which will help us to identify conformational changes of the
complex. Applicants should have a PhD in Structural Biology, Biophysics,
Biochemistry or a related area, and have relevant research publications.

*The closing date for completed applications is Thursday 24 April 2014
at midnight *

Interviews date will be announced later, possibly second week of May 2014.
Informal enquiries should be made to Professor Elena Orlova, Department
of Biological Sciences
email: e.orlova at mail.cryst.bbk.ac.uk
<mailto:e.orlova at mail.cryst.bbk.ac.uk> telephone: 020 7631 6845.

To apply for this position please go to www.bbk.ac.uk/jobs
<http://www.bbk.ac.uk/jobs>and search using reference number *11224*

Prof. Elena Orlova
Crystallography, Institute for Structural and Molecular Biology,
Department of Biological Sciences
Birkbeck,  University of London,
Malet Street,
Bloomsbury