[3dem] adsorption problems?

Michael Landsberg m.landsberg at imb.uq.edu.au
Sun Oct 13 22:45:44 PDT 2013

Hi list members,

We have two complexes that we can separate by gradient centrifugation (+/- a single subunit).  One of them we see clearly on negatively stained grids but the other, which appears more abundant by all other measures, consistently yields grids with no particles.

I am keen to hear from list members with regards to how you typically troubleshoot apparent problems with adsorption, or alternative thoughts as to what might be causing this problem?

Thanks in advance,
Michael

Dr Michael J Landsberg
Senior Research Officer
NHMRC Chief Investigator

Institute for Molecular Bioscience
Division of Chemistry and Structural Biology
The University of Queensland
St Lucia, Qld, 4072, AUSTRALIA

Phone: +61 7 3346 2010
E-mail: m.landsberg at imb.uq.edu.au<mailto:m.landsberg at uq.edu.au>