[3dem] Re: "leopard skin" ice (Qiang Guo)

Qiang Guo guoq.tiger at gmail.com
Thu Nov 21 18:08:00 PST 2013

Hi Frank,
I think the leopard skin ice may be caused by contamination during cryo
holder transfer or in the column but not a problem of sample preparation. I
used to observe this kind of ice in our F20, and as time go on, the
situation get worse! However, there is no this ice when the same batch of
sample was loaded into TITAN…So I think you can transfer the holder
quickly...btw, the vacuum system of out F20 is not good enough at that time
indeed….

Hope this helps,

Qiang

--