[3dem] pixel size of Falcon I and II

Niko Grigorieff niko at brandeis.edu
Mon Nov 4 04:43:55 PST 2013

Thanks Sacha. Yes, the pixel size of the Falcon I/II is 14 um. There
are a few other small mistakes that we will correct in the proofs. We
will also post the software online ASAP so people can try it out (and
give us feedback for improvements).

      Niko

On 11/4/2013 3:28 AM, De Carlo, Sacha wrote:> Hi All,

behalf of jamon [jamonshi at gmail.com]
> Sent: Monday, November 04, 2013 8:52 AM
> To: 3dem at ncmir.ucsd.edu
> Subject: [3dem] pixel size of Falcon I and II
>
> Dear Lister,
>
> I am glad to see Niko's latest paper that contains the most
comprehensive comparison of commercial direct detectors. However I am
still confused with the real pixel size of Falcon I an II. In table I,
the pixel size of Falcon I and II are listed as 15um. But I was told
that pixel size of Falcon I and II are 14um. It is also listed as 14um
on Brandeis website. I am wondering it was a typo or not. It need to
be clarified to the community since the error will be 7% in term of
Nyquist.

http://www.bio.brandeis.edu/KeckWeb/emdoc/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/work-with-cameras-on-f20/index.html#AEN28

> Quantitative characterization of electron detectors for transmission
electron
microscopy<http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1047847713002815>