[3dem] Laser based phase plate

Stefan Bäckström stefan.backstrom at gu.se
Wed May 29 10:20:23 PDT 2013

Sounds interesting. Comments anyone ?

"Design of an electron microscope phase plate using a focused continuous-wave laser"

Abstract
We propose a Zernike phase contrast electron microscope that uses an intense laser focus to convert a phase image into a visible image. We present the relativistic quantum theory of the phase shift caused by the laser–electron interaction, study resonant cavities for enhancing the laser intensity and discuss applications in biology, soft-materials science and atomic and molecular physics.

http://m.iopscience.iop.org/1367-2630/12/7/073011/

Best

Stefan

Skickat från min iPhone