[3dem] Gatan Orius CCD Camera Connection Problem

Long Gui loong at uw.edu
Mon Mar 25 20:49:52 PDT 2013

Dear All,

We have a FEI Company Tecnai T12 TEM equipped with a Gatan Orius CCD Camera, dimension 4k X 3k. The camera is controlled by Gtan Microscopy Suite 2.11 and the system had worked fine about 1 month ago.

However, currently we have faced a connection problem between the software and the CCD camera. The "States" bar always displayed "can't find the camera" and the camera could not be inserted or viewed. We have checked the ports as well as the firewire cables connecting the camera controller box and the computer and they are both fine. And the Gatan company checked the camera controller box and there is no problem within the controller. We also re-installed the software package but the problem still persists.

Now we are confused about the "connection" problems now. Have you faced similar situation before and how could you fix this problem? Any advise will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks a lot in advance,
Long Gui

Graduate Student, Lee Lab
University of Washington