[3dem] News on the Contrast Transfer Function Benchmark

Jose Maria Carazo carazo at cnb.csic.es
Sun Jun 16 08:41:17 PDT 2013

Dear colleagues,

As you may remember, in one month  we will close the current benchmark
activity we are running on CTF Estimation. Please, access the latest
information at:

(http://i2pc.cnb.csic.es/3dembenchmark/LoadSubTasks.htm?subtaskId=2).

At this moment we have prepared a document indicating the general way the
analysis will be done, which can be accessed at:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GtBC7dkbJkyuT9RlCuZJCkb60bmU5nYCE5PpIX2OpzQ/pub

You will notice that the document contains a number of Plots showing some
of the key
aspects of the Benchmark. Indeed, it was difficult to talk about the way to
present the data without actually presenting some (real) data. In this way,
we have pooled together some of the results already submitted to the
Benchmark, although presenting them in a way in which we think that no hint
of extra information is provided to new prospective contributors (we
normally refer to this Benchmark activity as a "Challenge", which is one of
the ways it is refered in the Bioinformatics community. The contributors
are then "Challengers").

We think that these plots are already making the case that there
are interesting lessons to learn from this exercise, which we expect to be
an estimulating situation for prospective contributors. Note that you can
participate specifying different degrees of expertisse, from the actual
developper of the method to a beginners, so that there is no "participation
barrier" to this exercise.

Your contribution is most welcomed!

 With best wishes..JM, Roberto and Wah

--