[3dem] different mrc formats in relion-1.2 and xmipp-3. ???

Dieter Blaas dieter.blaas at meduniwien.ac.at
Sun Jul 14 08:08:05 PDT 2013

Hi,

      I noticed that (at least) some (or all?) of the routines of relion
and xmipp output different mrc-formats as revealed with
"xmipp_image_header".  For example, a file created with xmipp (e.g. a
with "xmipp_phantom_create")  has "Dimensions     : 1 x 244 x 244 x 244
((N)Objects x (Z)Slices x (Y)Rows x (X)Columns)" whereas files created
with relion have  "Dimensions     : 244 x 1 x 244 x 244  ((N)Objects x
(Z)Slices x (Y)Rows x (X)Columns)". When trying to work on a file like
the latter with xmipp I get an error message (e.g in "in
xmipp_transform_symmetrize" like
  " _ERROR 3:  Argument missing
The symmetry order is not valid for images
File: libraries/reconstruction/symmetrize.cpp line: 161"

What is wrong? Is there a way of easily fix this?

  Thanks for hints, Dieter

Dieter Blaas,
Max F. Perutz Laboratories wher
Medical University of Vienna,
Inst. Med. Biochem., Vienna Biocenter (VBC),
Dr. Bohr Gasse 9/3,
A-1030 Vienna, Austria,
Tel: 0043 1 4277 61630,
Fax: 0043 1 4277 9616,