[3dem] post-doctoral position

Sjors Scheres scheres at mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk
Tue Jan 22 07:39:00 PST 2013

Dear colleagues,

We're looking for a post-doctoral scientist to join our group
(http://www2.mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk/groups/scheres). Our research focuses on
the development of new methods for reliable structure determination of
relatively small (~100-300 kDa) and/or structurally heterogeneous
macromolecules by cryo-EM. For a recent example, please download our
latest paper entitled "Ribosome structures to near-atomic resolution
from thirty thousand cryo-EM particles" from the website above.

You are highly motivated and have a PhD in structural biology, image
processing or a related subject, good communication skills and a strong
analytical mind. You are either an expert in algorithm design and
scientific computer programming with a proven interest in structural
biology, OR you have excellent skills in experimental cryo-EM with a
proven interest in methods development.

Applications are handled by the RCUK Shared Services Centre; to apply
please visit our job board at http://www.topcareer.jobs and use
reference IRC81289.

Closing date: 18th February 2013

Just e-mail me if you have any questions about this post.

Cheers,
Sjors

--
Sjors Scheres