[3dem] How to determine a symmetry of a ring particle?

Carlos Oscar Sorzano coss at cnb.csic.es
Mon Jan 14 00:32:51 PST 2013

Dear Alexander,

in Xmipp you may try two different ways (not exclusive):
- CL2D to see if the clustering alone is already able to separate the
different classes and clearly show the symmetry of each one.
- Align all particles, and then perform a rotational spectra analysis
(the peaks of the spectra will tell you the rotational symmetry of the
images). Note that this rotational spectra analysis can be performed on
any of the classes that comes out of CL2D.

Kind regards, Carlos Oscar

Carlos Oscar Sánchez Sorzano                  e-mail:   coss at cnb.csic.es
Biocomputing unit                             http://biocomp.cnb.csic.es
National Center of Biotechnology (CSIC)
c/Darwin, 3
Campus Universidad Autónoma (Cantoblanco)     Tlf: 34-91-585 4510
28049 MADRID (SPAIN)                          Fax: 34-91-585 4506