[3dem] How to extract shift and rotation value

Steven Ludtke sludtke at bcm.edu
Mon Feb 18 06:00:00 PST 2013

Hi Soojin.

Unfortunately your question is quite software-dependent. What image processing software are you using ?  There is some (unfortunately not very detailed at the moment) documentation on how to do this in EMAN2 towards the end of this page:

http://blake.bcm.edu/emanwiki/EMAN2/Programs/e2evalparticles

but there are tools to do the same thing in many of the other cryo-EM software packages. If you identify which you're using, I'd imagine you will get a detailed answer.

On Feb 17, 2013, at 12:05 AM, Soojin Kim <ksjin97 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I would like to make a movie which looks like the attached file.
> I have made classums and selected a certain class of fixed part.
> However, I am struggling with next step.
> It will be very greatful if anyone let me know how to get shift and rotation value of images in a certain class and apply the values to the larger images.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Soojin

Steven Ludtke, Ph.D.
Professor, Dept of Biochemistry and Mol. Biol.         (www.bcm.edu/biochem)
Co-Director National Center For Macromolecular Imaging        (ncmi.bcm.edu)
Co-Director CIBR Center                          (www.bcm.edu/research/cibr)
Baylor College of Medicine
sludtke at bcm.edu