[3dem] question about acoustics

Qiu-Xing Jiang Qiu-Xing.Jiang at UTSouthwestern.edu
Tue Dec 10 07:07:45 PST 2013

Dear colleagues,
The new EM space built for our JEOL2200 has excess acoustic noise at 160 hZ, above spec (43dB at the same frequency) by 10 dB. There is clear hissing sound from the ceiling (three vents there). We have applied egg shell crates to all four walls and the air supply comes from the perforated tiles below the raised floor. We are looking into different solutions. Before we land on any, I am writing to seek some advice from those who have successfully dampened acoustic noise in different ways. Please offer your thoughts. Thanks.
Qiu-Xing

UT Southwestern Medical Center
The future of medicine, today.